Dr. Shaila Rajkumar Patel is a Super-speciality Eye Surgeon in Mumbai, specialising in Cornea, Cataract and Phaco-Refractive surgeries. She is currently attached to BSES Hospital- Andheri (West), Apex Hospital - Borivali (West) and Thunga Hospital - Malad (West) and Mira Road (East).
Dr. Shaila Patel was trained in ophthalmology at Aravind Eye Hospital in Puducherry for three years for the DNB (Ophthalmology) examination. During this period, she handled about 100 OPD cases daily, gaining experience in all speciality areas. She was involved in about 150 large-scale eye camps. She has performed thousands of surgeries, covering cornea, glaucoma, and cataract. After obtaining the DNB title Dr. Patel completed 2 years Fellowship in Cornea and Phaco-Refractive Surgery at Dr. Agarwal's Eye Hospital in Chennai under the guidence of stallworts like Dr. Sooson Jacob & Dr. Amar Agarwal. There during this intensive 2 years training she gained valuable experience in basic and advanced refractive surgeries like Lasik - Intralase, SMILE, FLEx; corneal transplant; basic and lamellar keratoplasties like optical penetrating keratoplasty, PDEK, TPK; phacoemulsification surgeries, and complicated cataract surgeries including glued IOLs. She also did a Fellowship in Advanced Phacoemulsification at Lotus Eye Hospital in Mumbai, covering phacoemulsification in difficult cases of cataract.
Dr. Shaila Patel specialises in following:
- Extra Capsular Cataract Extraction
- Small Incision Cataract Surgery
- Complicated Cataract Surgeries
- Optical Penetrating Keratoplasty
- Pre-Descemet's Endothelial Keratoplasty
- Therapeutic Penetrating Keratoplasty
- Collagen Cross Linking (CXL)
- Contact-Lens Assisted Collagen Cross-Linking (CACXL).
- SMILE (Small Incision Lenticular Extraction).
- Phakic IOC
- MBBS: Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences, Karad. 2004-09. Passed all exams in First Attempt.
- DNB (Ophthalmology): Aravind Eye Hospital, Puducherry. Apr 2012 to Apr 2015. Passed Theory and Practicals in First Attempt.
- Attended: International Conference - Cornea Rencontre 2013.
- Attended: AIOC Post Graduate Update 2014.
- Attended: International Symposium on Diabetic Retinopathy and Vascular Disorders. Aravind Eye Hospital, Puducherry. 2014.
- Attended: Phaco Excel 2015. Aravind Eye Hospital, Tirunelveli.
- Attended: All India Ophthalmic Society Conference. New Delhi, 2015.
- Participated: Phaco Wet Lab at AIOC 2015.
- Attended: Annual Conference IIRSI 2016, Chennai.
- Attended: RETICON Annual Conference 2016.
- Attended: All India Ophthalmic Society Conference. Jaipur, 2017.
- Attended: Annual Conference IIRSI 2017, Chennai.
- Attended: RETICON Annual Conference, 2017.
- Attended: BOA 2018.
- Vitiligo Iridis and Glaucoma - A Rare Sequelae of Small Pox. S Kavitha, SR Patel, et al. Nature Eye Journal. 2015 Mar 27. doi: 10.1038/eye.2015.42.
- Review article on CACXL (Contact Lens Assisted Collagen Cross Linking). TNOA Journal. 2016; Vol. 54, Issue 2; pp. 35-42.
- Corneal Allogenic Intrastromal Ring Segments (CAIRS) Combined with Corneal Cross-linking for Keratoconus. Jacob S, Patel SR, et al. J Refractive Surgery. 2018 May 1; 34(5):296-303.
- Book Chapter: Intra Corneal Ring Segments (ICRS). In: Gems of Ophthalmology - Cornea and Sclera by HV Nema. 2018.
- Beware of small pox and glaucoma. AIOC 2015, New Delhi.
- Acute comitant esotropia as a rare presentation of post viral hypoxic insult to brain. AIOC 2015, New Delhi.
- A rare case of recurrent optic neuritis with optic nerve cysticercosis. AIOC 2015, New Delhi.
- E-Poster: To Study the causative agents and factors affecting the visual outcome in children with open globe injuries undergoing surgical intervention. International Conference - WSPOS Barcelona Congress. 4-6 Oct 2015.
- FCRS: Fellowship in Cornea and Phaco-Refractive Surgeries. Dr. Agarwal's Eye Hospital, Chennai (Main Branch). Under Dr. Amar Agarwal and Dr. Soosan Jacob. Jan 2016 to Jan 2018.
- Fellowship in Advanced Phacoemulsification: Lotus Eye Hospital, Mumbai. Feb 2018.
- Distinction in Biochemistry, Anatomy, PSM and Pharmacology in MBBS.
- Super Ten Academic Achievers Award in Erudio International Quiz. Nov 2014, Puducherry. Secured Top-5 position in the quiz.
- Achiever's Award for standing First in School in 10th Standard SSC Examination.
- First Rank in Maharashtra Marathi Language Scholarship Exam (Non-Marathi category) and Second Rank in overall category, in 7th standard.
- Distinction-holder twice in Hindi Rashtrabhasha Scholarship Exam in 9th as well as 10th standard.
- First in Inter-School Debate Competition in 9th standard. Awarded Scholarship.
- Various prizes and medals at school and college in athletics, discus, tennis, badminton, dance, drawing, poetry, classical music, and singing.
Infinite Vision Care And Laser Centre also attached to BSES Hospital Andheri (West), Manav Kalayan - Dahisar & Nalasopara, Thunga Hospital - Malad (West) and Mira Road (East)
Dr. Shaila Rajkumar Patel is a Super-speciality Eye Surgeon in Mumbai, specialising in Cornea, Cataract and Phaco-Refractive surgeries. She is currently attached to BSES Hospital- Andheri (West), and Thunga Hospital - Malad (West) and Mira Road (East).